woensdag 10 februari 2016

Camera update: new lens

Hi everyone! Last week I finally started investing in my photgraphy kit again, after using the same lens and body for over 5 years already. I currently have a Nikon D3100 and the standard kit lens it came with, but now finally got a new 35mm 1.8 lens to take better pictures (and film).

Now you won't immediately see a lot of change in my product pictures, since a lot of them are taken when I buy the actual products, but the new lens will make a huge difference in the long run. As you can see, it focusses on the object that is at a set distance (the brains) en all the others are blurry.


It is perfect for portaits with blurry backgrounds, and that's the main reason why I got it. I also started filming with this setup, but still have to learn that it doens't focus on things closer: so if I want to show an item, I should do the footage before or after filming and edit it in.


For filming I used to only use my small video camera (a sony camcorder) which isn't bad, but also not the quality I want for my videos. Filming with my kit lens was a struggle and I didn't like the results, but with this new lens, I don't think I will be reaching for my camcorder a lot anymore.
In my upcomming videos you will see me use a mix of my camcorder and Nikon camera, and it's a great way for me to experiment what works best for which setup.




My next investment will be a new body (a D5200) so I finally have a flip screen and can see myself when recording on my Nikon. That's also one of the reasons I didn't use it for filming, because finding out when you are done that you weren't in focus the entire video is just heartbreaking.


Now for my make-up tutorials I am not sure how I will film them with the Nikon, since my camcorder fits onto my desk easily when filming my make-up. So I might still use it for that.

Do you like the effect this lens gives pictures? Are you looking forward to my Friday video (with my new lens) ? I sure am!

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Thats some amazing lens - will take a look at your new videos because i think ive only seen this 'effect' in pictures so far!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. If you look at the Youtube Nibbles, she uses the same type of lenses and was a huge inspiration for me to invest is this one.

      Verwijderen