maandag 16 november 2015

Dread decoration - How I decorate my dreads

Hi everyone! Every time I wear dreads I keep getting questions about the decorations I have in them. In this blogpost I want to show you what I use to make them more unique and my own style.



1. beads
This is a really simple way to add details to your dreads, grab some wide tunnel beads (such as beads for Pandora bracelets or kids bracelet beads) and thread these on your dreads. Push them as high as you can, so that they are secure and wont fall out. You can also sew in some other beads if you like the look of that as well.

Picture from Pinterest


2. thread
You can make an awesome wrapped dread effect by just taking a piece of string (I prefer using an accent color) and wrapping it around the dread. You can also do this with a tiny strand of hair (I love using colored hair on plain dreads). To finish, simply knot it and cut off the excess.

Picture from Deviantart


3. wire decorations
These decorations are made of wire that I twist around an object about the thickness of the dread. You can make really pretty swirly designs, alter the color and size of the wire and even add beads.


I hope this gives you some inspiration to decorate your own dreads as well.There is no limit to how creative you can be with your set of awesome dreads. There are tons of Etsy sellers making awesome jewelry for your dreads, so if you want you can start looking there.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen