maandag 25 mei 2015

DIY: destroyed jeans

Hi everyone! In this post I am going to show you how I destroyed my old pair of jeans (that already had a hole in it). This features a video of my showing these techniques as well.


So, I have three methods that I combined to destroy these jeans. Two of them are really similar. In the video I can show them to you more in detail.


Method one: Take a cutter knife and make a bunch of small cuts (they don't have to go through the jeans entirely). Then take your cheese grater (sanding paper, scale remover or anything similar) and rub it over the spot you just cut in. This will create holes and destroy the pants.


Method two: this method is by far the most time-consuming one. You make two horizontal slits in your pants with a cutter knife. Then take a pair of tweezers and start pulling out the vertical threads in the piece you just cut open. This will give a more 'designer' look of destruction, but I really like it. You can also go over it when it's done with the grater (that's what I did) so it doesn't look as new and clean.


Method three: this is the variation on method one, and I only use the grater for this. Just select spots on your pants and rub over them with the grater. I did this on most stitches and seams to create an extra dimension. I also used this on the pockets and belt buckles.


I hope this gave you some inspiration to start destroying your own jeans. The pair I used was one that was already old (had holes, color isn't as good anymore) and now I will be able to wear it again. You can also buy cheap jeans at second hand stores if you like.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie plaatsen